The Photoplay Challenge
By now, you are quite familiar with the fact that I love photography – the composition, discovery, aesthetics, and execution of capturing an point in your life forever.
I don’t typically go far without my camera – thanks to technology no one does when they have their cell phone with them.
This is going to be a weekly challenge, issued on Saturdays and for amateur and professional photographers alike. There are no prizes other than the growth of your skills from exposure and comments from fellow photo bugs.
- Each week (Saturday) a single word will be posted for the challenge here and on the Flickr discussion board for the dedicated group: Photoplay.
- You’ll have 1 week to interpret and fulfill the challenge as you see fit.
- You’ll then post the photo (you only get 1 and we trust you to honor that) to our Flickr Photoplay Group Page.
- Post production, use of filtering software such as Instagram, Vignette, Lightroom, and Photoshop is acceptable but please keep cloning of anything other than dust, hair, and so forth out of this. The goal is to improve composition, lighting, and exposure – not cloning skills.
- If you have any questions or comments to post on this subject in Twitter use the hashtag of #photoplay You can also use that hashtag and include a link to the photo entry.
- Please tag the photo as photoplay and photoplay_week_x where x = the Challenge Number specified each week in the challenge.
- Sit back and enjoy the comments between participants… and have fun.
Note: the first time you post you may need to have the submission moderated. I’ll do my best to keep up with those.
Why am I doing this? Because life is too short to not have a hobby – a release – an artistic skill. It also will hopefully get you out of the house and into the world. A world that misses you and wants you to be a part of it.
Challenge #1 – 8/11/2012 to 8/19/2012
Use tag of photoplay_week_1 in your Flickr submission.
You have until noon Eastern on 8/18/2012 to post your entry.